1. Definitions and interpretation
The following definitions apply:
“Assiduous” means Assiduous Corp Limited, a company incorporated in Ireland with registration number 718491 and headquartered at NovaUCD Belfield Innovation Park, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, N01OT;
“Intellectual Property” means patents, trade marks, service marks, rights (registered or unregistered) in any designs, applications for any of the foregoing, trade or business names, copyright (including rights in computer software), secret formulae and processes, other proprietary knowledge and information, internet domain names, rights protecting goodwill and reputation, database rights (including rights of extraction) and all rights and forms of protection of a similar nature to any of the foregoing or having equivalent effect anywhere in the world and all rights under licences and consents in respect of any of the rights and forms of protection mentioned in this definition (and “Intellectual Property Rights” shall be construed accordingly);
“Our” means Assiduous’s;
“Services” means the subscription for the Assiduous Journey made available to Users through the Website in accordance with these Terms;
“User”" means the person together with any company which is related to the User that uses the Website;
“you” means the User;
“your” means the User’s;
“we” means Assiduous;
“Website” means www.assiduous.tech and any related Assiduous applications.
2. Website usage
- Please read these Terms carefully before using the Website and Services. By using the Services and/or accessing, using or downloading material from the Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms. You confirm that you are of sufficient age to lawfully use the Website and Services, enter into a contract and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of your use of the Website and Services. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use this Website or Services.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion and at any time and for any reason, to modify or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Website or to modify these Terms. Please note that the Terms may vary from time to time and that your continued use of the Website following such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. Material changes shall be notified via the Website.
- When you use the Services or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the Website. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing, unless mandatory applicable laws specifically require a different form of communication.
- The content of the Website and the Services, including without limitation, text, copy, audio, video, photographs, illustrations, graphics, and other visuals, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice or recommendations of any kind by Assiduous. You should always seek the advice of your qualified professionals with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your individual needs. All information provided by Assiduous, or in connection with any communications supported by Assiduous, is intended to be for general information purposes only. You acknowledge that your reliance on any information from the Website or Service is solely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for all risks associated herewith.
3. Register for subscription
- To use some of the Services or features on the Website, you will need to register and provide various personal details. Only registered Users are authorised to access the restricted portions of the Website. As part of the registration process you will create a user name and password. Your user name will be your e-mail address. The User will ensure users are either the User himself/herself, their employees or agents and that each user has a unique login. You must ensure that you keep your user name and password in a safe and secure place and that you do not disclose them to anyone as you will be fully responsible for all activities which occur under your user name and password. Furthermore the User acknowledges that sharing user logins will be deemed as a material breach of these Terms which is not capable of remedy.
- It is your responsibility to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your user name and password or any other breach of security as soon as you become aware of it.
You may contact Assiduous in relation to any question in respect of the usage of the Website by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. From time to time it may be necessary for Assiduous to complete maintenance on the Website. If the maintenance is likely to result in unavailability of the Services then Assiduous will endeavour to advise you in advance by posting a notice on the Website. Unscheduled maintenance in respect of a significant event may be required to be performed at any time without notice.
5. Restriction of website access policy
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion (acting reasonably) and at any time to restrict or suspend your access or block your access to the Website for any reason including, without limitation if you have failed to comply with these Terms. You agree that Assiduous shall not be liable to you or any third party for any restriction or suspension of your account or for blocking your access to the Website.
- Any restriction or suspension shall not affect your obligations to us under these Terms and shall be without prejudice to any accrued rights of either Party. The provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive the suspension or restriction shall survive including, but not limited to indemnities, releases, disclaimers, limitations on liability, choice of law, and all of the miscellaneous provisions in section 14.
6. Intellectual property rights
- The Website contains information, including, without limitation, all text, graphics, photographs, graphs, designs, sounds, data, images, audio, video, page layouts and headers, software (including HTML and other scripts), buttons, and other icons, trademarks and the arrangement and compilation of this information (collectively, the “Information”) that is either owned or licensed by Assiduous.
- You acknowledge and agree that Assiduous and/or its licensors own all Information and Intellectual Property Rights in the Services and accessible on the Website. Except as expressly stated herein, these Terms does not grant you any rights to, under or in, any patents, copyright, database right, trade secrets, trade names, trade marks (whether registered or unregistered), or any other rights or licences in respect of the Website or Services. To the extent that any modifications or improvements to the Services or Website is carried out under or in connection with these Terms, all Intellectual Property Rights to such resulting improvement or modifications shall be assigned to and shall vest with and be solely owned by Assiduous and/or its licensors.
- If you post content or submit material on the Website, and unless otherwise indicated, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable and transferable rights to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display the content throughout the world in any media.
- Assiduous grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive and non-transferable right to access the Website and use the Services, subject to the these Terms. You may view, and print word documents and portable document formats (PDF’s) incorporated into the Website solely for your personal, non-commercial use. The information may not be transferred, shared with or disseminated with anyone for any purpose that is inconsistent with the purpose of the Website or to facilitate unfair competition with the Website, or for any purpose that is inappropriate or unlawful under Irish law and international law.
- The Website and Information is made available for your personal use. You may not sell, distribute, broadcast or transfer information or use the information in a searchable, machine readable database or file except through the authorised access to the Website. Unless separately and specifically authorised in writing by Assiduous, you may not rent, lease, sublicence, distribute, transfer, copy, reproduce, publicly display, publish, adapt, modify, create derivative works, store or time-share the Website, any part thereof, or any of the Information received or accessed therefrom to or through any other person or entity.
- Furthermore, except as expressly permitted in these terms, you may not: (i) remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice on the Website or Information; (ii) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website; (iii) use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or "scrape" the Website or Information for any purpose without our express written permission; (iv) collect or harvest any personal data or personally identifiable information from the Website including, without limitation, user names, passwords, email addresses; (v) attempt to or interfere with the proper working of the Website or impair, overburden, or disable the same; (vi) decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any portion of the Website; (vii) use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from the Website; (viii) encourage conduct that violates any local, state, federal law or international law, impersonate others, use a false email address, or misrepresent your affiliation with others; or (ix) engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Website.
- You agree to use the Website for lawful purposes only. When using the Website, you agree to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including, without limitation, copyright law. You agree not to post or transmit any information through the Website or associated websites which (a) infringes the rights of others or violates their privacy or publicity rights, (b) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libellous, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable, (c) is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without express written permission of the owner of such right, (d) contains unauthorised or malicious software such as viruses. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from your infringement of any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or any other harm caused by your use of the Website or Information.
You agree to indemnify and hold Assiduous, its affiliates, officers, agents and other partners and employees, harmless from any losses, liability, costs, claims or demands, (including any professional and legal fees incurred in connection therewith), due to or arising out of your use of the Website, Information and/or Services or any breach of these Terms.
9. Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes liability of either party in respect of any claims for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Assiduous will not have any liability to you for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of data, loss of use, loss of goodwill, or for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind however caused and under any theory of liability whether or not Assiduous has been advised of the possibility of such.
- Subject to sections 9.1 and 9.2, in no event whatsoever shall the aggregate liability of Assiduous, whether arising for breach of contract (including under any indemnity), misrepresentation (whether tortuous or statutory), tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, warranty, strict liability or any other legal theory howsoever arising, under or in connection with these Terms exceed €100.
- Use and access to the Services and Website requires; (i) compatible devices, (ii) internet access, (iii) certain software (for which fees may apply), (iv) may require periodic updates, and (v) may be affected by the performance of these factors. High speed internet access is strongly recommended for regular use and is required for video. The latest version of required software is recommended to access the Website and may be required for certain transactions or features. You agree that meeting these requirements, which may change from time to time, is your responsibility
- You acknowledge and agree that no warranties of any kind are made with respect to the Website, Services or information and you acknowledge that the Website, Services and Information are provided to you on an “as is, with all faults” basis. All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from these Terms.
- Assiduous may provide links to third-party websites as a convenience to you. You agree that Assiduous is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and Assiduous does not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. You agree that you will not use any third-party materials in a manner that would infringe or violate the rights of any other party and that Assiduous is not in any way responsible for any such use by you.
- Assiduous does not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of the Website and Services will be uninterrupted or error-free and you agree that from time to time Assiduous may prevent access to the Website and Services for indefinite periods of time, without notice to you. No warranty is made that the Website and Services will meet your requirements.
11. Personal data
12. Promotional activity
All promotional activities relating to this Agreement shall be mutually agreed in writing by the parties. Neither party shall use the name, logo or any other information belonging to the other party without the other party’s prior written consent.
- Each party agrees and undertakes that while using the Website and being subject to the Terms it shall keep confidential and shall not use for its own purposes, nor without the prior written consent of the other party disclose to any third party, all information of a confidential nature (including, without limitation, information relating to a party’s products, operations, processes, plans or intentions, product information, know-how, design rights, trade secrets and information of commercial value) which may become known to that party from the other party (“Confidential Information”), unless the information is public knowledge or already known to that party at the time of disclosure or subsequently becomes public knowledge other than by breach of these Terms or subsequently comes lawfully into the possession of that party from a third party.
- To the extent necessary to implement the provisions of these Terms, each party may disclose Confidential Information to those of its employees and contractors as may be reasonably necessary or desirable, provided that before any such disclosure each party shall make those employees and contractors aware of its obligations of confidentiality under these Terms and shall at all times procure compliance by those employees and contractors with them.
- The failure or delay by a party to exercise or enforce any rights hereunder shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof at time or times thereafter.
- If any provision (or part of a provision) of these Terms is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force. If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision would be valid, enforceable or legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the commercial intention of the parties.
- Unless otherwise expressly provided, no provision of these Terms is intended or shall be construed to confer upon or give to any person or entity other than Assiduous and you any rights, remedies or other benefits under or by reason of these Terms.
- The headings used in these Terms are for convenience only and shall not affect the meaning or scope of these Terms or otherwise be given other legal effect.
- You agree that Assiduous shall carry no responsibility for non-fulfilment or delayed fulfilment of the Services owing to a force majeure event, including but not limited to, war, acts of terrorism, riots, civil unrest, intervention by government or public authorities, fire, strike or lock-out, export and/or import bans, failure in telecommunications services and networks, shortage of labour, fuel or power, pandemic, epidemic or any other cause beyond the control of us which may delay or impede the Services.
- You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Assiduous as a result of these Terms or your use of this Website.
- These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with, it, its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ireland. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with, these Terms, its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).